Friday, June 5, 2009

It's been awhile....

Edirisa Smiles! It's been over a year since Jemma and I were in Uganda... and in the interest of maintaining interest in the very worthy chairitable cause of Edirisa Smiles, I am writing one more blog. (See Zemanta's "blogging for a cause" link below)

Can I just say, the wonderful invention of the internet allows me to read the Smiles blog every now and then, and see other volunteers' photos from the lake, but it's such a bittersweet privilege, as it feels so familiar yet sooooo different... the babies are getting bigger, and things are changing.

http://www.edirisa.org/smiles

Smiles does so much good work... educating children, working among the community and one of my personal favourites, teaching children to swim. If the loss of even one child can be prevented by the skills we were able to share, my time at the lake was not wasted!



This blog post is part of Zemanta’s “Blogging For a Cause” (link: http://www.zemanta.com/bloggingforacause/ ) campaign to raise awareness and funds for worthy causes that bloggers care about.

No comments: